Fall Season CSA
$225.00 – $498.50
Our Fall Season CSA is a 9 week season starting 11/04/21. If you purchase bi-weekly pickup it will include 5 weeks.
We, Holman’s Harvest, wish to provide you with fresh, local, seasonal food, and you, the member, wish to receive a portion of our harvest. This agreement outlines our shared commitments to that relationship.
Section 1. Introducing Our CSA Farm
- Becoming a Part of Our Farm Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a relationship between our farm, and you as our customer. Rather than simply purchasing food, our customers become “members” of this CSA farm, and receive a portion of the farm’s harvest. Our CSA runs for a 9-week session. We have 3 sessions: Fall, Winter, & Spring. As a member, you are responsible for showing up at distribution sites each week to pick up your share of freshly harvested produce. You will generally receive six to eight different items in a reusable tote bag. Detailed information regarding pick-up is discussed below in Section 3. Variety and quantity may vary as described below in Section 2.
- Our Growing Practices Holman’s Harvest is a small family farm in Loxahatchee, where our primary focus is organic salad mix. We grow everything in the soil and consistently strive to have healthy living soil to produce the best tasting crops. Our farm does not use synthetic herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers, and we only use OMRI listed products whenever necessary. At Holman’s Harvest, our goal is to serve local families & restaurants, and we invite you to visit our farm whenever possible to see our products before they reach you.
Section 2. Our Shared Commitments
- Sharing in the Risk of Crop Failure We promise to do our best to provide you with a bountiful share each week. The quantity of produce, however, may vary from week-to-week, due to extreme weather, insects, or other production factors despite our best efforts. By joining our CSA, you are agreeing to share the risk of crop failure with us and other members. In the unlikely event of a crop failure, our procedure is as follows:
- If only a small portion of crops fail, we try to compensate for the failed crops by filling your share with other crops grown on the farm that are ready for harvest at that time. If a large portion of crops fail, we may not be able to deliver any product in some weeks.
Section 3. Picking Up Shares
You are responsible for picking up your share each week from your drop site, and for observing our drop site rules, which are as follows:
- Pick up your share within the timeframe stated. Although we deliver high-quality produce to the site, it will decline quickly if not picked up in time.
- Be respectful of our drop site hosts’ property.
- Follow additional rules posted at your drop site regarding parking/use of certain entrances/boxes.
- Return your empty reusable tote bag every week.
If you cannot pick-up your share, YOU must arrange for someone else to pick it up for you. You are responsible for explaining the pick-up location and procedures to your substitute. If you wish to change your drop site, you must let us know 24 hours before drop off. Shares that are not retrieved within the pick-up time will be donated, become compost or fed to Chickens. There will not be a “make-up” bag.
We take the safety of your food seriously. For your added protection, wash all produce before eating and put frozen products in the freezer as soon as possible.
Section 4. Member Fees
By selling membership in advance of the growing season, CSA reduces the burden of up-front costs for the farmer. Your membership fees provide us with money to purchase seed and equipment before the season starts, and we appreciate your commitment. Place a check mark next to the season(s) you wish to purchase. PLEASE NOTE: No CSA pick up on Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019 or Monday, December 30, 2019.
The membership fee may be paid in one or two payments. If you choose to pay the membership fee in 2 installments, please enclose 2 checks per session dated at start and midpoint of each session with this signed agreement form. Checks should be made payable to Holman’s Harvest Farm. Payment with credit card is also accepted, including a small convenience fee. By submitting an agreement form you are agreeing to pay the membership fee for the session(s) you indicated above.
All payments are non-refundable after: 1) Fall Season – after November 2, 2019 2) Winter Season – after December 7, 2019 3) Spring Season – after February 15, 2020 *Refunds will be deducted $25.00 for start-up costs
Section 5. Communicating with Us
You may communicate with us is via email/text/phone. We will do our best to respond as soon as possible, but please understand that we spend most of our time in the field growing your food and not at our desk. Please contact us with any news of the following: changes to your postal or email address, changes to your drop-site location, problems with your drop-site, or dissatisfaction with your share.
We will communicate with you by email. When you sign up, you will be added to our distribution list. Please read your email from us. We depend on being able to communicate important information such as necessary changes to your distribution schedule or to our farm events. Every week, we will email an update giving you information about the crops available that week, recipe ideas, or other farm related news.
Thank you for support!